The Amazon InfoSec team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software development manager to join our Privacy team. Amazon’s mission is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and our team is the guardian of our customer’s privacy. We develop enterprise-wide data privacy solutions that help our businesses deliver delightful experiences while protecting our customer’s trust.
As the software development manager, you will have technical ownership of privacy data solutions. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to protect our customer’s privacy. Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. We are looking for a leader that thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the data privacy space, and will help us protect our customer’s trust. Leading this team requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus. Your solutions will apply to all of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses including but not limited to Amazon.com, Alexa, Kindle, Amazon Go, Prime Video and more.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big