Lease Administrator Job Description
Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving, and growing business unit within Amazon.com which provides cloud services. Since early 2006, AWS has provided a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. If you are interested in a career working in a high growth, fast paced and Customer focused work environment then AWS may be the right fit for you.
The AWS Global Real Estate Team is looking for a talented, experienced Lease Administrator based in our Seattle corporate office campus. In this role, you will be a key member of the Real Estate Team and will be responsible for creating and maintaining all lease administration functions to support the existing and expanding Data Center portfolio throughout the globe. The role will manage the lease database in Sequentra (software platform), accurately process all rent obligations, review and process all operating expenses, and conduct operating expense audits. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of competence in performing a full range of lease administration functions in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
The person needs to be detailed oriented and a strong communicator that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment. Key Responsibilities include:
- Review of lease related documentation and abstraction of critical information including rent and other financial obligations, QC abstractions once complete
- Process and manage all day-to-day lease expenses including rent, CAM, taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous operating expenses (OPEX) with landlords, developers and third party suppliers including obtaining internal financial approvals and controlling cash disbursements
- Perform and analyze CAM lease audits and reconciliations
· Monthly review, auditing and processing of leasing monetary/rent obligations in line with internal Spend & Transaction Policies.
- Management of the commercial lease administration software
· Transmittal of leases and related documents into a commercial software application.
- Primary contact for landlords on lease administration issues
- Primary contact for lease inquiries/issues for internal and external customers
· Establishing new landlords in internal and external systems: all processing of needed forms and ticketing.
· Establishing and maintaining accurate banking information for all new and current rent obligations within internal and external systems.
· Critical date tracking: Tracking of Lease, renewal and amendment rent commencements along with new location launches.
- Experience with interpreting complex industrial lease language related to CAM, Tax, Insurance and Maintenance clauses
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting or related equivalent degree or 6 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, financial operations procurement, asset management, accounting, accounts payable and/or lease administration
- Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
- Ability to review, interpret, understand and analyze annual CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5 – 7 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, financial operations procurement, asset management, accounting, accounts payable and/or lease administration
- Experience using CBRE Sequentra application software
- Experience with Oracle and Oracle queries
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.