At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half-Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest and H1Z1.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Head of UI. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world-class UI design in video games. In this role, you will be working in collaboration with the Art Director and UX Design Lead to help craft, refine and iterate on the look for one of the most prominent and critical player interaction experiences in the game, with the goal of creating a visually unique and wholly enjoyable experience for our customers.
You will be able to work independently and also be comfortable with giving direction and artistic critique. You’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- Work with the Art Director to own the development of the visual style and quality bar of the UI.
- Create appealing and high-quality game interfaces that present a unique clear visual identity while communicating the hierarchy of information with clarity.
- Drive UI features from beginning to end by presenting work, guiding conversations, and coordinating with producers to work on timelines.
- Ability and desire to problem solve and work autonomously in the absence of concrete answers or specific direction.
- Collaborate with a team of Engineers and UX Developers to build UI solutions ensuring the final product reflects the final design vision.
- Develop UI art and layout concepts using static and animated solutions.
- Advocating for UI Design in the studio.
- Manage and provide feedback to external vendors working on UI/UX.
- Mentoring and coaching junior UI/UX Designers.
- Must communicate and work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback with gracious consideration.