Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Human Resource and Operations Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee lifecycle for our global operations businesses. The PeopleInsight team is a collaborative group of Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Software Development Engineers, Support Engineers, Data Scientists, Economists, Product Managers, and Program Managers that studies a workforce numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates to propel the business forward.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Software Development Engineer, Global Ops HR.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master’s classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will work as a full-stack developer using the latest AWS and NoSQL technologies to build a responsive Java based web applications in a distributed service oriented architecture.
You will work as part of a sustainable paced agile team and will play a technical hands on leadership role in your team giving you the responsibility and authority and autonomy to ensure success. You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
You have a great deal of knowledge in handling high volume data and building data pipelines and databases. You are someone who thrives in fast-paced environment where problems are not always crisply defined and the challenges offer unlimited potential for innovation. You are a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn about modern frameworks like Angular or React and strive to build highly responsive, intuitive and sleek experiences for customers. You can provide technical leadership to the team and you understand the nuances, pitfalls and strengths of the various software development frameworks and associated best practices. You believe in agile development, quick prototypes and strive to see your work in action. You believe that web development is the perfect concoction of creativity, art and computer science.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation