Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for engineers that are passionate about relational databases. This role could be 100% working with customers to help them with database design, usage troubleshooting, automation or could be internally focussed on automation/tools/demos/POC playgrounds/migrations automation etc. We expect candidates to have:
- knowledge of database systems theory
- working knowledge of relational databases design and usage
- good coding skills
- a sense for how distributed systems work in practice and their limitations
- experience building and administering production databases
- excellent troubleshooting skills
- the ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- performance benchmark background a great plus
- development background if highly desirable (strong coding skills will allow for automation/demos/tools development.