Manufacturing Development Engineer
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The successful candidate will combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborating with research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The Aerospace Tools and Manufacturing Engineer will have a background in aerospace structural designs, tool designs, mechanical systems, manufacturing processes and techniques, and GD&T. You will have experience analyzing structural designs and mechanical systems, as well as detailed knowledge of manufacturing and shop practices. Must be able to design tools and fixtures required for manufacturing. Must enjoy problem solving and possess practical knowledge of prototype design as well as production run manufacturing methods.
The Aerospace Tools and Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Develops manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Compiles and evaluates test and production data; prepares technical analysis
- Investigate equipment and technology requirements and select appropriate production and facility equipment to meet current and future needs
- Provides engineering support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of assembly operations
- Initiates paperwork for engineering changes to improve manufacturability of products on the shop floor
- Troubleshoot and improve current manufacturing processes on the shop floor
- Working with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and outside vendors to ensure a smooth transition to production.
- Designs tools and holding fixtures for vehicles, assemblies, and sub-components
Export Control License This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Designs tools and fixtures for composite manufacturing