Located in Seoul, Korea
Would you like to own driving the revenue for Amazon’s cloud market-leading cloud computing products?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with companies building software applications and services?
Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Business Development Manager
within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Analysis the Korea market to determine priority solutions then execute across all customer segments
- Manage/own the launch of agreed new services into Korea with a clear, defined customer profile/segment either new or existing for
- Be the Single Point Of Contact to optimize Korea BD Resources
- Develop GTM (Go To Market) strategies for business solutions unique to Korean market
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Localise + Operationalise playbooks
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.