Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, inter-company, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Amazon seeks a high caliber experienced accountant who will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting across business AWS and retail business operations in the region. This position will work closely with the global payments, intercompany, retail, AWS, and transportation accounting teams as well as operational teams. This team member will represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders internally and externally. In addition, the position plays a critical role in monthly financial review responsibilities. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership across geographies and time zones.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of seven years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies and/or public accounting firms. Candidate experience should cover accounting & financial reporting processes, accounting and operations transitions.
- Monthly financial reporting and internal control assessments
- Continuously evaluate, document and work with regional and US Accounting teams to reach conclusions on the respective country accounting standards for business events
- Actively engaging with new business initiatives as needed within the region
- Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation
- Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within newly established businesses, existing processes and controls