Are you passionate about technology’s ability to shape the world? Are you inspired by ambiguous problems that require you to innovative? Do you want to shape the future of Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Alexa Skills Kit team is looking for an innovative, developer-focused Senior Product Manager. We are the team responsible for building the tools and services that Alexa developers use to create skills that reach millions of Alexa users.
In this role you will be the product owner for Alexa Hosted Skills
, which allows developers to get started with a hosted cloud backend for their skill so that they can focus on designing engaging voice experiences. You’ll also be involved in feature work for the Alexa Developer Console, the site developers use to learn about voice development and build Alexa Skills. You will work directly with developers to understand their needs and goals, and you will coordinate with partner teams across Amazon to build innovative experiences. You will create product requirement documents, design user experiences, develop business strategies, define product roadmaps, and work with development teams to ship product.
A successful candidate will have a passion for both developers and end-users who use Alexa every day at home and in the office. You will have a background in software development and product management. You will enjoy working in a collaborative environment and be comfortable interacting with cross-functional teams that span engineering, product, marketing, and design. We are looking for someone who is inspired by the possibilities Alexa unlocks and dedicated to harnessing that passion to execute against our goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write product requirement documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs across multiple features
- Lead project teams and communicate your vision and expectations clearly in both written and verbal forms
- Create buy-in for your product vision with internal team members and external partners
- Drive product launches while working alongside PR, executives, and other product team members
- Establish processes, policies, and metrics that help our team ship products on-time