- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and outcomes from their team’s tasks and activities, and the overall success of a project.
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations as necessary for successful program and project delivery.
· Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Ability to demonstrate experience to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects/customers.
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on an enterprise level engagement.
- Has managed projects using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project toolsets and source code management products.