Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers can durably store their data on AWS’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides simple APIs that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. While the emerging area of cloud computing has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential. S3 Storage Engine
is looking for a Software Development Engineer for the buildout of next generation projects for an area of strategic importance and significant impact. We are custodians of all of S3's customer data and have full control of how that data is accessed, stored, kept durable and highly available. In this role, you will be part of a team and design, develop and implement game changing performance and throughput improvements to S3's storage platform. You will partner with technical leaders and with other teams in S3 Storage to deliver these capabilities at S3 scale.
The right candidate must be somebody who enjoys working on complex distributed systems software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building high quality software. S3 Storage operates at a very large scale and stores critical data for customers world-wide, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems, work hard, have a lot of fun and make history with Amazon S3.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use Java, C++, Rust and software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables.
- Write high quality distributed system software.
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Mentor junior software development engineers