The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use the Alexa service for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Customers today can call and receive voice and video calls and we have recently launched Drop In, a new way to communicate spontaneously with the people you care about most, both within and outside the home.
We are looking for someone who is excited about understanding how we can help customers connect with each other and specifically how we can make the experience more natural by improving the quality of voice and video calls. Imagine helping elderly customers communicate clearly with their children and grandchildren, or providing an experience where you could imagine being together with the people you are communicating with, even when you are in separate parts of the world
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of new customer and developer facing Alexa skills and capabilities. A successful candidate will have an established background in building customer facing products and services, the ability to build and manage a team of skilled engineers, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.