At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
Amazon Game Studios in San Diego is searching for a Senior Technical Artist who specializes in character and creature rigging and tools. If you enjoy bringing life to digital game characters by creating efficient technical rigging solutions we would love to talk to you. Our workplace is an environment where thoughts and ideas are welcomed and where problems are solved collectively and independently. The team is still growing and is staffed with friendly and experienced game developers. The title we are developing is an exciting concept that will push the boundaries of game play and character visuals related to motion and deformation. At Amazon San Diego we are working and partnering with some amazing internal and external teams and have access to the best software and hardware. Responsibilities
- Develop rigging tools, scripts, and plugins to create best in class workflows and processes.
- Provide and create solutions to enable advanced deformation on characters, creatures, and other assets that are animated\simulated.
- Proactively seek out pipeline improvements, workflows and technology issues.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with teammates creating content.
- Manage the direction of technology created by external partners.
- Document best practices and standards to ensure workflows and pipelines are shared and understood.
- Collaborate with 3D Artists to ensure rigs will deform and behave in a way that is suitable for animation.
- Create rigging related scripts, tools, and plugins using industry standard scripting and programming languages.
- Research and explore systematic solutions that solve problems and enable efficient productivity.
- Provide technical support for a variety of disciplines focusing on rigged content.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems for teammates to enable them to do their best work.