Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
We're seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer for the Alexa Device Registry team to lead the development of highly-visible core infrastructure that manages all internal and third-party smart devices. These systems are the heart of Smart Home and are the underlying foundation to upcoming and future innovation.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of smart devices.
- You will design and deliver solutions solutions to business challenges that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
The Software Development Engineer will:
- Influence the team's technical architecture
- Identify and tackle difficult or complex architecture and business problems.
- Design highly scalable, robust, and extensible architecture
- Provide technical direction and mentorship within your team
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.