Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you interested in building web solutions to manage multimillion dollar business? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Amazon FinTech is building next generation solutions to manage entire AWS finance to handle and monitor its cost patterns and profit margins for ever growing AWS services and products.
We are looking for an expert Web Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of UI experiences for our internal and external-facing systems. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, but an aptitude and love to apply cutting edge UI frameworks (ReactJS, etc), challenge the status quo and raise the UX bar on every product you build. You have a proven record of mastering at least one front end framework, and have passion to help us make our front end the best on earth. As a key team member, you will help build and scale a combination of self-service tools, customer-facing shopping experiences on Amazon.com worldwide, rapid UI experimentation and analytics UI interfaces.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a proven track record of building high quality services and web UIs. You will be responsible for building products, supporting experiences and services, delivering in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving, and championing our work. A strong sense of ownership is a must.
You may already know if you’re a fit, but perhaps you’re concerned about technology and experience requirements—don’t be. We are looking for smart, proven engineers with a passion for learning and delivering.
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, implementation of applications with necessary customization.
- Develop web portals, sites, pages, microsites and web appication integrations
- Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain and enhance cloud applications in iterative release cycles
- Research and find opportunities to utilize web development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 + years of experience web development
- Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with development and build tools Node.js, npm, grunt, gulp, webpack, bower etc.
- Web services development experience with cross platform open source APIs and integration technologies like XML, JSON, SOAP/REST API development
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD) and data structure
- Domain of ReactJS, NodeJs or a modern front end framework
- Advanced CSS skills
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments.
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive