Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to develop
highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from new startups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to the Solutions Architecture team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Have a passion for designing, developing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software developer or solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep dive design and development exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consistently deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enabling breakthrough innovations. Guides solution technical architecture and investments using AWS roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, and support
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within AWS