has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies.
The AWS Enterprise Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting complex issues, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in Database and Big Data technologies. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you’re experienced in Database administration or Big Data platform, understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers and AWS service teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Available outside of business hours to manage urgent issues
- In depth experience administering one or more of following:
- SQL Server
- Database performance tuning, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments
- Operating System administration experience (Linux or Windows)
- Fundamental networking skills
- Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Motivated and excited to be learning new technologies every single day
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills in Korean and writing/reading skills in English at professional working proficiency level
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Some experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
- Experience working with large Cloud platforms or Virtualisation platforms(AWS, Azure, VMware)
- Experience working in Large Enterprise, Public Sector, or with vendor managing, and/or maintaining large scale Enterprise systems.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
- Knowledge & experience in various Big Data or distributed systems. Such as Hadoop, NoSQL, Search and Streaming
- Experience utilising data analysis techniques such as quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit AMAZON Web Services
** To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.