Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon Canada team is looking an experienced, innovative and hands-on Program Manager to join our Subject Matter Expert Team based in our fulfillment offices in New Westminster, BC (YVR3).
In your role as Program Manager you will be supporting the development of the Amazon Canada network to meet with the strategic network plan by overseeing the planning and realization of new sites as well as enhancing/improving existing ones.. This role reports to the Director of Regional Operations for Canada Customer Fulfillment. You will be responsible for the planning, management and coordination of multiple projects. You will ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects are usually separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. You will oversee projects to ensure the desired results is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied. Responsibilities:
- Supporting new site launches and transitions analysis and execution for Amazon Canada
- Coordinate and prioritize resources: Own the facilitation of the local LSC (Leadership Steering Committee) to agree, prioritize, plan, coordinate and follow up on all process improvement activities related to fulfillment centers’ launches and transitions. Ensure focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost.
- Standardize processes: Actively share best practices and ensure ongoing communication with Process Owners to avoid duplicate efforts.
- Act as Liaison between FC and US: Help drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence. Build and maintain close relationship with Process Owners and FC Process Engineers across North America.
- Leading cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders to enable the launch of new projects and processes
- Carrying out risk assessment and identifying any issues that could prevent a successful launch / transition deadline
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new site launch / transition
- Work closely with key business stakeholders such as Health & Safety, Recruitment, Finance, HR, Operations teams
- Upholding and ensuring the quality standards are met
- Gathering and analyzing data across business functions to establish global standards for launch/transition execution
- Hold regular Launch/Transition Readiness Meetings with all relevant parties and coordinate stakeholder support for these meetings