Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed by how fast it gets to you? Every day, Amazon engineers are working relentlessly to make sure that the time from Click to Deliver is as short as possible for your products. In our mission to get packages to you even faster, Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is building large scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems for optimizing fulfillment operations. These systems will provide insight into billions of events per day, from material handling equipment, services, machine vision, robotics, data analytics, machine learning and cloud computing.
Are you ready to make history?
We are seeking innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented software engineers to join our mission to build the most advanced fulfillment centers of the future. If you are up for a new challenge to solve unique complex problems involving the processing of billions of events every day, you are the person we are looking for. Are you ready to help define the future of fulfillment technology and set a new record for shipping millions of packages faster than ever?
As a successful candidate you are passionate about building quality software that has a big impact on your organization. You are an advocate for best practices in developing requirements, designing components, implementing robust code and testing it with unit tests. You strive for the best quality, but never lose sight of timelines and delivering important results for your customers. You thrive on deep discussions with your teammates and are open minded and eager to learn from diversity of thought. You are ready to take on stretch assignments that take your career to the next level.
· You will design, develop and test software components that interact with fulfillment center technologies, such as material handling equipment, computer vision, robotics and cloud services
· Build software using best practices and high quality standards
· Design novel large scale data store solutions for high frequency data and with low latency access
· Contribute to definition of coding standards and apply them in code and design reviews
· Provide estimates for development tasks and negotiate timelines with project leaders
· Mentor junior team members and help them acquire critical skills and best practices
· Document and communicate technical concepts to team members and stakeholders
· Participate in deep technical discussions, where you stand up for your ideas and work with team members to find the best solution for the customer