Are you looking to solve exciting Fraud challenges in the cloud? Do you want to work on a Cloud business that is growing multiple fold annually? If so, we want to talk to you! We are seeking a talented Data Scientist to help us evolve our processes and to improve customer experience across the globe.
The mission of the Fraud Prevention Team is to keep the AWS platform a safe and trusted place for our customers and partners. We achieve this goal by identifying and preventing fraud and abuse for all AWS services, worldwide. Every day fraudsters attempt to steal our services. We use extensive data and machine learning models to build software solutions to detect and prevent such activities.
As a Data Scientist, you will work directly with Research Scientists and Software Development Engineers to monitor the flavor/ trend of fraud worldwide and create appropriate actions to respond in a collaborative environment. There are no walls, and success is determined by your ability to dive deep, and understand the subtle demands new and complex services will place upon systems and teams.
What would I do?
- Lead day-to-day review of emerging fraud threats and work with the broader team to drive responses to combat them
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Deep dive on the problems using SQL and scripting language like R, Python and internal dashboards and drive short term and long term solutions
- Analyze data (past customer behavior, sales inputs, and other sources) to figure out trends, and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to recommend innovations based on data analysis
- Handle escalations from AWS Management for Fraud and related activities
- Be the primary point of contact during fraud outbreaks – including analyses to identify responses and applying responses.
- Apply Statistical and Machine Learning methods to specific business problems and data
- Drive the design and development of tools to aid in operations and automation, such as creation of right dashboards to improve monitoring fraud
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams and customers in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization