Reports to Workers’ Compensation Manager who is responsible for managing and monitoring Amazon’s Workers’ Compensation program at designated fulfillment center sites. Responsible for developing and collaborating successful partnerships between associates, third party administrators (TPAs), internal business partners and external service providers. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures business is compliant with Province specific Workers’ Compensation regulations and Amazon policies and guidelines. Acts as the point of notification and contact for associates regarding any incident or injury that could or has resulted in a Workers’ Compensation claim. Serve as an associate advocate.
- Meet weekly with on-site Medical and Safety to access and review all open claims and any potential new claims.
- Initial and ongoing point of contact to internal and external business partners for the duration of the claim.
- Internal Correspondence: Point of contact for all documentation regarding incident. This includes internal safety notify and investigation details as well as any health information relevant to the claim from outside medical providers and treatment notes. Health information is limited to medical related to the injury.
- External Correspondence: Respond to TPA/Worker’s Comp Board requests within 24 hours to ensure diligent case management
- Assess the medical, vocational, behavioral, etc. needs of an injured associate via a combination of face to face, telephonic and written correspondence as needed.
- Point of contact for all written and telephonic correspondence regarding the claim.
- Communicate with providers, both internal and external to review treatment notes, ask for clarification when necessary, follow-up after initial appointments as well as scheduling appointments in conjunction with TPA/WC Boards if a referral to a specialist is required.
- Ensures confidentiality of Workers’ Compensation claims records; including relevant health information related to the claim.
- Review medical notes as they relate to the claim and treatment to verify appropriateness.
- Partner with multiple departments to coordinate and manage Return to Work programs for employees to ensure that work restriction and transitional work guidelines are being adhered to. Provide transitional work letter to associates.
- Maintain consistent uniform records for each claim.
- Maintain and update the transitional work tracker form for the designated sites on a weekly basis.
- Review all claim costs quarterly with WC Manager and formulate strategies to minimize financial impacts of disability to the business.
- Ensure completion of required government reporting for WC claims purposes adhering to government compliance