The Development Center Dresden
In 2013 Amazon expanded to Dresden with it being the home-base of the Amazon Development Center team. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
Are you interested in leading complex, cross-organizational projects that build the very core of one of the largest cloud platforms? EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) redefines the fundamental economics of large scale computing. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. We constantly push boundaries to offer our customers the most innovative, cost-effective compute products.
You’ll manage our portfolio of projects. These require coordination across serveral developer teams, and are large impact projects with visibility to the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and tooling improvements to drive greater transparency and efficiency.
You must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
- Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules
- Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical
- Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality