The Smart Home team is focused on making Alexa the
user interface for the smart home. From the simplest voice commands (turn on the lights, turn down the thermostat) to use cases spanning home security, home entertainment, and the home environment, we are evolving Alexa into an intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and helps customers get the most out of the technology in their lives.
As Software Development Manager on the Alexa Smart Home Machine Learning team you will lead the development of highly-visible core infrastructure and platform for intelligence in the home and IoT. Your work will span machine learning services, Alexa skills, voice user interfaces, cloud services, and a rapidly-growing ecosystem of IoT devices. You will help lay the foundation to move from directed device interactions to learned behaviors that span multiple devices throughout the home. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- We build customer-facing features as well as backend services that directly impact the daily customer experience for smart devices.
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone with Machine Learning experience who is passionate about backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Software Development Manager will:
- Own development of their product end-to-end
- Provide technical direction within their team
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the platform to support intelligent smart device experiences worldwide
- Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and maintainability