- Master's degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in optimization algorithms development (e.g, supply chain optimization, operations research, network design, machine learning, etc.) and/or the transportation domain
- Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to tackle big, challenging problems and resolve ambiguity in the customer's favor.
- Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation