Amazon Advertising creates and executes innovative digital advertising campaigns across multiple platforms in 8 countries. The Amazon Advertising Quality Assurance team ensures these ads meet Amazon’s high bar for customer experience. As a QA Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team working on advertising for Amazon.com, Kindle Special Offers and Amazon Mobile Ads. Our Advertising QA team works on behalf of millions of Amazon customers, ensuring that advertisements meet our high quality standards. As a QA Engineer, you would enjoy a fast-paced environment where you can obsess over customers by delivering quality releases daily, improving procedures, and mentoring other testers.
QA Engineers test code manually and by creating automation tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals and troubleshoot problems. Our QA Engineers work with Software Developer Engineers, Ad Designers, Ad Operations, and Product Managers to understand our ad systems and ad creation processes. The QA Engineers develop test plans that approximate real-world environments and tools that assist in ad validation. QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the Ad development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
The successful Quality Assurance Engineer will be obsessed with customer experience, quality improvement, and challenge the status quo. In this role, you will:
· Execute manual testing of ad products that are highly customized.
· Write and maintain test plans, test cases and test scripts.
· Create automation scripts.
· Triage bugs, find patterns in bugs and drive quality upstream.
· Assist designers, traffickers or other testers to reproduce errant behavior and accurately report defects found.
· Execute and verify results of existing automated tests.