Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart home.
We're seeking a Software Development Manager for the Alexa Smart Device Services team to lead the development of highly-visible core infrastructure.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of smart devices.
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Software Development Manager will:
- Own development of their product end-to-end
- Provide technical direction within your team
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the framework to support controlling smart devices worldwide
- Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.