Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart home.
We're seeking a Software Development Manager within the Alexa SmartHome organization to lead the development of a new greenfield and highly-visible initiative called Alexa Memory. This role will make our vision of giving memory to Alexa a reality. This role deals with building internet scale distributed platform systems that are capable of storing data abiding by GDPR rules, figuring out offline and online computation models and creating API's for serving complex human like queries off this data. This role touches many different parts of Computer Science like machine learning, personalization, computer vision to name a few. We believe that this feature will make Alexa more smarter and give us the leading edge over our competitors. This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership. You will drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, Service-Oriented Architecture and loves starting brand new initiatives. We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Software Development Manager will:
- Own development of their product end-to-end
- Provide technical direction within your team
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the framework to support controlling smart devices worldwide
- Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.