Do you like Alexa? Are you passionate about speech recognition, natural language understanding, and machine learning? Come and join the Alexa Household Organization (HHO) which builds the spoken language understanding solution behind Echo and other Amazon devices which make Alexa a voice service that simplifies customers' lives - helping families stay organized and connected to each other and making life run a little more smoothly. From setting timers while cooking to checking daily schedules and waking up to Alexa’s alarm tone, we help customers manage their time more easily using only their voice.
In order to meet our aggressive speed-to-market goals, we will need to define a new customer experience and disrupt the way things have been done in the past. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for HHO spoken language understanding, and you will define the plan and road map. You’ll manage a large program end-to-end, ensuring that we build the right features and deliver on time to delight our customers.
This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with research science, software engineering, and operations to bring features and services to market. The role requires a strong ability to Invent and Simplify. You will leverage your deep technical expertise, strong problem-solving skills and excellent leadership skills to come up with new ways to get things done at scale. As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
In this role you will:
- Work with a focused team of research/data scientists and engineers to build Spoken Language Understanding (SLU) services in the HHO space
- Plan and deliver SLU services in the HHO space
- Drive science, architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines across multiple teams
- Manage cross-team dependencies, risks, and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Drive investments in improving accuracy of spoken language understanding and end-to-end voice experience quality across research and engineering teams.
- Drive solutions from data-dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions.
- Find opportunities to apply innovation across different customers, driving technology advances in core science and platform.
Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.