Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced technologists who can both architect great solutions on AWS and dive deep into building solutions for our enterprise customers. An AWS Enterprise Solutions Architect (SA) is passionate about working with customers to help build applications that scale across the AWS cloud. Using key cloud driven architectures, you have experience building DevOps pipelines, scale-out applications (mobile and web), data driven solutions across SQL and No-SQL, and / or advanced concepts that include IoT, AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning. As an Enterprise SA, you exhibit a learn and be curious attitude towards technologies and concepts, working to advance your knowledge across Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Memcached, Redis, RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres) and/or NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra), Hadoop, Spark, EMR, RedShift, and Kinesis - just to name a few.
Working as an AWS Enterprise SA, you will build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security. You have experience speaking directly with customers at all levels - CxO to VPs, Directors of IT to Digital Innovators, and Developers to Infrastructure Architects. Your ability to convey complex messaging across all types of individuals is critical for success.
As an AWS Enterprise SA, you are self–motivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. You have the ability to know your customers, their technology vision and roadmap and connect their desired outcomes with the AWS platform. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
The AWS SA team provides a ramp-up program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge. Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive AWS adoption through the architecture and solution design of key workloads for customers.
- Partner with the sales organization to uncover new AWS opportunities that help customers move applications, products, and platforms to AWS.
- Execute key customer workshops and programs that support training and evangelizing the AWS platform with customers.
- Work with the AWS product teams to evolve and develop new features from customer requests.
- Support the ecosystem development through speaking engagements, thought leadership, and partner development.
- Partner with the support organization to help act as a liaison between customers, support, and service teams.
- Innovate new solutions, best practices, and concepts across the entire SA organization.
Open to travel up to 25% across Canada and the US.