Are you a linguist with technical aptitude? Or are you an engineer with a passion for languages and linguistics? Come and join the Alex Household Organization (HHO) which builds the speech and language solution behind Echo and other Amazon services, which make Alexa an ideal service to simplify life - helping families stay organized and connected to each other and making life run a little more smoothly. From setting timers while cooking to checking daily schedules and waking up to Alexa’s alarm tone, we help customers manage their time more easily using only their voice.
Alexa HHO is looking for a Language Engineer with experience in linguistic annotation, ontologies, taxonomies and/or semantic schemata. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills to help us measure, analyze and solve complex language technology problems.
Specifically, the Language Engineer will:
- Provide day-to-day coordination of data collection efforts, including planning, scheduling, and reporting
- Measure and analyze accuracy and throughput of annotated data
- Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas
- Write grammars and build FSTs
- Use modeling tools to bootstrap new functionalities
- Handle competing requests from a range of data customers
- Collaborate with other Language Engineers in data collection and feature design efforts