Do you want to work on Alexa, the brains behind user-delighting spoken-language products that Amazon is building, like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV? The Entity Resolution (ER) team works on one of the core server-side components for Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU) module, which provides additional context and information about the user’s question to Alexa. Fundamentally, ER is a search problem, and we use a variety of techniques to try to optimize this search process to be as fast and accurate as possible for spoken language. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for passionate, talented, and inventive Data Scientists that are interested in building something that will make a difference in millions of users' daily lives. Successful scientists and developers on our team come from a variety of backgrounds but all share an obsession with quality, an interest in scalable system design, and an urge to dive deep into complex R&D problems.
As a Research Scientist in our team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our NLU and ER models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases