Amazon is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to develop, build and scale software systems that operate one of the worlds largest and most complex Network Control Planes. We own the design, scalability, and availability of the global networks that power Amazon Web Services. We push our networks to their limit; traditional network vendors simply cannot deliver cost effective solutions capable of meeting our requirements for capacity, availability, or performance. In AWS Networking, we invent, design, refine and then we invent again.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable systems. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help found and shape the direction of the Control Plane Systems driving one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the Network Control Plane systems used across all of Amazon’s Data Centre Networks.
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
- You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
- You believe that the craft of software development is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
- You Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of systems, scripts and tools.
- You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You understand the needs of Operations organizations and you aim to reduce operational burden.
- You relish working with other Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.