Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers’ data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? At AWS, security is our number one priority and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service (KMS) and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates.
The AWS Crypto Tools team helps AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside the cloud by building and maintaining innovative, easy-to-use, secure, open source encryption tools and libraries to simplify the use of cryptography, making it easy for our customers to build security into their applications.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure and user-friendly tools available to help our customers protect their data and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience designing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for delivering secure software solutions. In partnership with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists, you will own delivering and supporting cryptographic tools and libraries used by internal and external customers around the world.
In this role, you will own AWS service team integration with KMS. In partnership with each service team, you will design and deliver optimal KMS integrations. Additionally, you will work with external customers to deeply understand their cryptographic needs and design tooling to make encryption easier to get right and harder to get wrong.
As a key member of a small team, you have the unique opportunity to influence and shape the strategy for the next generation of our security platforms and tools. You will have end-to-end technical responsibility for one or more components - from defining the product roadmap to initiating, defining and executing the projects necessary to make the roadmap a reality. This is a highly visible role offering the opportunity to interact at all levels of the organization and the company. This role is ideal for you if you have a passion for building massively scalable digital security systems and want to make a significant impact on this fast-growing, cutting-edge, business. Job Responsibilities
- Work with AWS product managers and customers to understand business requirements behind feature requests
- Translate requirements into technical/functional specifications
- Recommend alternative technical approaches
- Lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- Balance business needs with technical constraints
- Work with AWS engineering managers to coordinate technical development effort
- Track and drive projects
- Identify and quantify risk and anticipate bottlenecks
- Provide escalation management and make tradeoffs
- Identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems
- Understand requirements from external auditors and guide AWS engineering towards implementing functionality that will help our customers meet their compliance obligations
- Evangelize within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the services
- Gather requirements for future enhancements
- Develop demos, sample and technical collateral, as required