Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to the Solutions Architecture team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. This role is responsible for the broad AWS cloud strategy within an enterprise customer, helps the customer articulate and navigate their cloud journey, and is accountable for ensuring tactical activities and point projects are in alignment with the overall technical strategy. They generally work with a single or a limited set of high-value accounts.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
· Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
· Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a system engineer, solutions architect, or technical program manager. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a key member of the business development and sales team, you will develop solutions that help customers build and migrate applications, software and services on the AWS platform
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions with the sales, training, and technical teams to transfer knowledge of customer solutions
· Ensure solutions are packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, and support
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within AWS