Are you the type of person who enjoys solving complicated security problems in the cloud? Do you enjoy making an impact at a massive scale and keeping millions of customers' data safe in the cloud? Are you obsessed with writing great software that scales and want to be a part of a highly motivated team that is focused on making the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) safe for our customers? Do you want the adrenaline rush of protecting customers, preventing attacks, and working with services in relation to detecting or implementing cloud protection? If this is you, then have we got an opportunity for you!
This position requires a person with a very strong software development and security background who will help demonstrate security leadership in EC2 by proactively identifying security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly determining the potential risk of externally reported issues, driving for the right architecture decisions across many different teams to harden our infrastructure, and mentoring junior engineers in building easy-to-maintain, stable, long-term architectures. EC2 Security is building the right tools to keep our customers safe in a continuously changing world. As part of this, you will:
- Be responsible for owning multiple services, architecting them to scale, and have robust unit tests and metrics
- Mentor and lead junior engineers and guide them towards good software development techniques
- Be a leader in the team and within EC2 around cloud security
- Conduct deep code reviews and find design flaws, and think long-term about driving down operational cost
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and implementing fixes to ensure that an issue will never happen again
- Stay abreast of new techniques, tools and methodologies used to solve cloud security problems
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.