Are you the type of person who enjoys solving complicated security problems in the cloud? Do you enjoy making an impact on a massive scale and keeping millions of customers' data safe in the cloud? Are you obsessed with writing great software that scales and want to be a part of a highly motivated team that ensures the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is safe for our customers? Do you want the adrenaline rush of protecting customers, preventing attacks, and working with services detecting or implementing cloud protection? If this is you, then have we got an opportunity for you!
We are hiring Software Development Engineers to make the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the best and safest place to run enterprise-class workloads. As part of our team, you will build the next generation of EC2 Security and Abuse tools. You will lead teams in developing abuse detection and mitigation services that simplify how our Security and Customer Support teams secure Windows and Linux instances on the Ec2 cloud. You will work closely with pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handle large-scale, highly available, distributed systems.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about working in cutting-edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-to-end solutions. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software engineer, excited to work on cloud-scale software and a proven track record of architecting and building software in Java/Linux.
- Be a leader on the team, hands-on planning and engineering team’s day-to-day developing activities
- Lead architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implementation projects end-to-end with high quality
- Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership
- Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing in new technologies.
If this sounds like you – consider joining our EC2 Abuse Technology team – we’re a dedicated, thoughtful, fun crew of Engineers who build services and tools. You will work directly with EC2 Security Engineers and Leadership to design and implement new tools and services at scale.
In this position, you will enjoy a very competitive salary, excellent benefits, a work environment with an innovation culture, and exciting opportunities to make history, have great fun and be part of the fastest-growing technology company on earth.
Join us in Seattle at our head office; Amazon makes relocation simple!