Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast growing and leading-edge research and development unit that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. These high-powered servers push the technological limits to achieve truly limitless cloud offerings for AWS customers. The Hardware Qual team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the high expectations of our cloud customers are met.
We are looking for a dynamic, and motivated self-starter with strong business acumen to join AWS Hardware Engineering team to build analytics driving actionable insights to accelerate the growth of the business. The Business Intelligence Engineer will partner with Senior leaders, product managers, and other internal stakeholders to build metrics. Why it matters:
The public cloud IT infrastructure market is growing at a remarkable rate and is seeing rapid adoption from companies of all sizes. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS. Why You’ll Love it:
You'll be part of an incredibly strong and deep team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of cloud evolution, enabling and extending our distributed systems on a massive scale across multiple data centers, multiple countries and millions of customers. What You Will Do:
- Propose and implement business metrics working closely with senior management, software engineering leaders, and business teams
- Work with business intelligence and data engineers to design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period
- Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools that are statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
- Seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, immense volumes of real-world data.
- Formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track our progress, and then devise creative measurement and audit solutions which allow us to track those metrics with minimal cost and human effort.
- Provide input into business and technical direction, steering broader solutions in support of these objectives. This role is expected to push the boundaries of measurability without sacrificing rigor.
- Challenge conventional thinking; create innovative paths forward