Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. As a Sr. Program Manager on the Alexa Beta program team, you will work to develop new programs or new features from the ground up. You will bring individuals across the organization from Engineering, Product Management, Technical Program Management, User Research and both internal and external participants together to ensure we ship the best product possible for our customers. You will develop the strategy and vision for your area of ownership and provide input into the greater organizational direction.
A successful candidate will be a senior level individual contributor that excels at influencing without authority, dealing with ambiguity and is capable of operating at all levels. They will possess a strong attention to detail, a reputation as someone who focuses on the customer, brings simplified solutions to complex problems and does what they say they will do.
- Lead the definition, design and roll out of a new program or key new features
- Identify program goals and strategic initiatives 1-3 years out.
- Act as the SME to a product/tech team for the program
- Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior members of the team
- Create stakeholder facing metrics and reporting