Do you have a passion for helping government agencies to implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon is looking for its Amazon Web Services (AWS) business highly skilled and motivated Solution Architects to help accelerate its growing public business in Korea. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cut-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing public sector organizations. As a Public Sector Solution Architect within the AWS business, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services within public sector organizations and the larger ecosystem that supports them. The ideal candidate has a variety of experiences working as an architect and systems or software or network engineer and managing a team of architects and/or engineers. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but help lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud with the team you manage. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of systems, possibly write some code, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform. Roles & Responsibilities:
Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure agency and institution success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Develop and maintain executive level relationships and assist in the closing of sales opportunities
- Assist solution providers and government agencies with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community, as well as your public sector SA team.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
The right individual will have:
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Technical skills – Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
- Operational experience – Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
- Government experience – Advisory/consulting experience with central and local governments.