Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in public sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing?
Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small NGO to government agency.
Have a strong understanding of Information Security. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a security solution engineer, security solutions architect, or security solution developer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the sales team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Identifying customer requirement trends and provide feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
- Coordinating a global virtual team encompassing key stakeholders in closing opportunities
- Work with AWS customers to convey cloud computing security and risk management best practices