Amazon Web Services
") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing very rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. This growth is driving the need for an experienced leader on the Korea team to fill a high impact role.
AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the partner business and influence decision-making.
In this role, the Business Operation analyst will work with the Korea, APAC and WW teams to continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and help to make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. This will include working with the KOREA and APAC Operations team to develop, implement and manage the business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Reporting to the Korea Head of Operations, the Business analyst will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to AWS's management team. This position also manages the administration and execution of the team’s goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various sales processes involving alignment between the partner and customer sales team and proposing improvements to the business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results.
This role will focus on providing operational insight to our partner business, supporting the Head of Operations and Operation manager in day to day operational activities, and providing additional analytical insight to other Senior Leadership Team members as required based on strategic projects identified.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in AWS Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions across KOREA
- Working with the KOREA partner management, lead the annual Goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes.
- Lead the development and provision of routine and ad-hoc analytic reports to AWS senior management regarding strategic initiatives, partner segment performance, performance against goals, etc. Ensure reports contribute to business insight and decision-making, and minimize overall report burden.
- Lead the modeling and development of recommendations for partner coverage/capacity/competency planning aligned with targeted customer segmentation/verticals.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for Analytics.