Would you like to support increasing customer base and the revenue for Amazon Web Services (AWS), a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of the AWS platform by analyzing customer's behavior on and outside AWS website? Do you want to empower AWS marketing team make the data-driven decisions that further establish AWS as the leader in the cloud computing world?
As a Business Intelligence Engineer at AWS in Seattle, you will be working in a large, extremely complex, and dynamic data warehousing environment. We are looking for someone with the uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources like Adobe Site Catalyst, Adobe Target, Sales Force, Adobe Connect with AWS central data warehouse and build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. The candidate should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platform. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, then build the data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing reporting applications. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse infrastructure using AWS cloud technologies.
- Create ETLs to take data from various operational systems like Adobe Target, Adobe Connect, Sales Force and create a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting.
- Support Technical Program Manager, Research Scientist, and a growing virtual team aimed at analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
- Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., OBIEE, Amazon Quicksight, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of AWS’s vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
- Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
- Work with business owners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions.
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary