Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Canada public sector market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (education, and non-profit specifically)?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking a Partner Development Manager (PDM) to help build AWS Partner Network in the Public Sector markets in Canada with main focus of the Ontario province. The WWPS Canada PDM will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within these market segments.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across Canada, establishing those relationships with Partners and SI, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Canada public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
- Work with the senior management to create a prioritized, tactical action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
- Independently execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Research and identify new opportunities for the Canada education and non-profit businesses, including specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using AWS.
- Work closely with the customer base and the AWS Partner Network (APN) to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and the APN, and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.