EC2 is looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer. At Amazon Web Services(AWS), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform of the World”, and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece of AWS Infrastructure product family. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability, and challenge us to be better, faster, and cheaper every day. At EC2, we continuously innovate on-behalf of our customers to deliver leading compute products that massively scale.
We are seeking talented Software Developers to join our team in Seattle. Our ideal candidate is passionate about building highly scalable and fault tolerant web services that enhance Customer Experience and drive Operational Excellence. You will be part of a team that has a feel of start-up and will be surrounded by other smart and passionate engineers. You will experience opportunity to directly impact Amazon’s business by using your Software Development skills to solve challenging technical problems involving large-scale Distributed Systems and Parallel Computing.
If building and operating new Customer facing services excites you, we have the right role for you. Come help us change the way world uses compute power!Key responsibilities:
- Design, build and optimize the software to run a scalable exchange for computing resources including pricing models and distribution of risk
- Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to spin up new features
- Empower developers from around the world to migrate their applications to elastic compute power (e.g. reduce friction, simplify APIs, add tooling, improve the service architecture)
- Automatically deploy and monitor your service to identify performance issues before our customers do
- Recruit, interview and hire software developers
- Mentor junior software developers and grow your skills