The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. The team’s mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo
, Echo Dot
, Amazon Tap
& Amazon Fire TV
are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
You will be working in a domain which is a blend of engineering, research and machine learning contributing to a product - Alexa - which is experiencing exponential growth. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact in a product space that is fundamentally changing human machine interaction.
- Responsible for designing & developing frameworks and micro services to scale and optimize systems to handle the exponential growth that Alexa is experiencing.
- Lead the team in establishing operational practices to operate systems running at Amazon scale.
- Lead team members to investigate design, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Provide technical excellence and mentor team members