The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. The team’s mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo
, Echo Dot
, Amazon Tap, Amazon Show
& Amazon Fire TV
are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume speech attribute services in a highly distributed ecosystem, that support the products that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that are used every day by people you know.
• Investigate, define, design, prototype, and evaluate full stack solutions that include creation of:
- Java-based, scalable, cost efficient, AWS-based microservices
- New features to C++ based speech attribute processing libraries
• Implement, deploy, and support software across its lifecycle
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Provide technical excellence