The EC2 Spot team is seeking a talented, passionate web developer to guide our team in creating the next generation user experience for dynamically priced EC2 offerings. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs, as well as implementing those designs in the presentation layer by using smart, clean web development patterns. The ideal candidate will have experience understanding, mapping, designing, developing, and testing systems that empower users to successfully navigate and control complex systems. The team:
Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world – from startups, to research institutes, to established enterprises – use EC2 Spot to rapidly scale compute capacity up and down as their needs change. EC2 Spot enables customers to dynamically set the price they are willing to pay for compute resources depending on current supply and demand, and run their workloads on unused EC2 capacity (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/spot/). This team is growing rapidly so we can significantly expand our feature set and increase scale.You:
- Design, build and optimize the user interface for a scalable exchange for dynamically priced computing resources.
- Empower developers from around the world to migrate their applications to a flexible way of accessing compute power (e.g. reduce friction, simplify APIs, add tooling, improve the service architecture)
- Automatically deploy and monitor your service to identify performance issues before our customers do
- Recruit, interview and hire engineers
- Mentor junior engineers and grow your skills