Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece the Amazon Web Services (AWS) family of cloud infrastructure services. We are starting new, exciting and immensely business impacting initiatives. Specifically, we will be building new scalable services to disruptively enhance the EC2 launch experience for all EC2 customers across various flavors, scenarios, and requirements. This is a highly visible opportunity to solve technically complex business problems and to empower customers get most out of EC2.
We are seeking talented software developers with relevant industry experience who are passionate about enhancing customer satisfaction, operational performance, and growing market segment share. If you’re excited about developing distributed web services at scale and you relish the opportunity to dig into parallel systems, distributed functionality and difficult synchronization problems, we have the right challenge for you.
Together, we’ll deliver the next generation of industry-leading compute features. Come help us change the world !Key responsibilities:
- Design, build and optimize the software to run a scalable exchange for computing resources including pricing models and distribution of risk
- Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to spin up new features in no time
- Empower developers from around the world to migrate their applications to a flexible way of accessing compute power (e.g. reduce friction, simplify APIs, add tooling, improve the service architecture)
- Automatically deploy and monitor your service to identify performance issues before our customers do
- Recruit, interview and hire software developers
- Mentor junior software developers and grow your skills