The Amazon Device Platform Services team is hiring a Senior Software Development Engineer. The team is responsible for the backend web services, mobile & IoT SDKs, and tools to support Amazon's device portfolio. This includes device management, OTA software updates, and device messaging, to name a few. Our device platform is utilized by all Amazon devices such as the Amazon Echo, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Dash Button, Kindle, and more. Our mission is to build a best-in-class services platform to enable Amazon to scale and be a world-class consumer electronics company.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Working across a broad set of technologies from web services, to mobile app development, to embedded/IoT platforms
- Design & development of complex software solutions
- Partnering with engineering, product, and business stakeholders across the team to define our engineering strategy and push projects forward
- Establish technical standards across the organization to improve engineering excellence
- Consulting with engineers from across the organization on architecture & design of new systems to solving some of our hardest engineering problems