Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? You might've noticed the launch of Alexa calling and messaging; but as it’s still day 1, we're determined creating even more exciting features! We are growing this new team and are looking for talented engineers; come and join us!
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for development and launch of new Alexa calling capabilities. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
· Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
· Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
· Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
· Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS or Android programming techniques
· Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance